Saturday, June 21, 2008

VBS


This year was Luke's first year to participate in vacation bible school and he loved it. The first week in June was Kidlife Week at Dawson and I was able to participate as one of the teachers in his class. We were so happy that Drew was able to go with us. Last week, Ronda took Drew and Luke to their church's vacation bible school. I love the fact that Luke loves learning about God. Here is a conversation that he and Daddy had at bedtime a couple of weeks ago.
Luke: Daddy, today was my second best day ever.
Daddy: When was your best day?
Luke: My best day ever will be when I fly.
Luke: (clarifying) When I fly to heaven. Will I still be Luke when I get to heaven?
Daddy: Yes, you will always be Luke.
How sweet is that boy???

1 comment:

Amie said...

That IS so sweet!!!! I love it when children talk about Heaven & God & Jesus! There is such wonder & amazement & trust in their voices and their words. So sweet!

Also--I LOVE your new background. You'll have to tell me how you did it. I have an inkling of an idea, but I'm not completely sure on how to execute it yet! Let me know if you don't care to share!

Love,Amieqmi