Monday, January 26, 2009

Bragging on my Baby Boy (who thinks he's 5)

Carson the Great Sleeper
You may recall my desperate blog posts near the end of my pregnancy detailing the horrible sleep habits that I had let Carson fall into. We were going to be in BIG trouble if this did not improve before the baby was born. Thanks to Todd's "hard-nosed" approach (he wouldn't let me rush in every time the little guy cried), Carson is now a perfect sleeper. He lets us lay him down in his bed between 7-7:30pm (usually without a peep) and we don't hear from him again until between 6-6:30am. This has been going on since right before Audrey was born. What a blessing!!!

Carson the Big Brother
Carson is really adjusting well to having a new baby sister. He loves her so much and is always giving her sloppy wet kisses (he's teething) on the top of her head. Afterwards he is disturbed that her hair is all wet. *He's a bit of a perfectionist.*

Carson and the Elmo Potty
Carson has been showing an interest in using the potty so I figured since we are pretty much home-bound right now (dead of winter and new baby) I'd start trying to potty train. On Friday I introduced Carson to his new Elmo potty. Within minutes of taking it out of the box he had peed in it. I started letting him wear pull-ups (he's very proud of the Lightning McQueen on them) during the day while we are at home. He's told me a few times that he has to go. By this I mean he starts saying LaLa (Elmo) and pointing to the bathroom door. What a smart boy!

Carson and Kindermusik
Last Thursday Carson started his new Kindermusik semester. He moved up to the next age group so he is now one of the youngest in the class. The age range is 18 months to 3.3 years. He did so great and showed all the leadership qualities that he demonstrated in the previous classes. Basically he was running the show and keeping those 3 year olds in line! At one point they were all supposed to sit on a blanket and listen to a story. He was the only one that stayed on there the whole time and anytime another child would "stray" he would point and say "uh oh!". This is hilarious when you consider we can't even keep our dining chairs at the table because I can't keep him from climbing on the table. How is that for selective obedience?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss that sweet boy! He and Hayley are very alike in many ways. Hayley did awesome at Kindermusik today too - I'm really proud of how she followed along!